Increasing Your Global Competence: A Workshop and Webinar for Educators
Participants receive 10 contact hours and 1 CEU upon completion of workshop and webinar
Join Go Global NC in this participatory, skills-building workshop and webinar designed for Global Teachers alumni and other K-12 educators interested in enhancing global competencies in themselves and their students. The comprehensive workshop and follow-up webinar includes advance assignments, presentations, activities, and participant materials.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Assess their current global competence levels
- Strengthen their skills to work more effectively with diverse students and colleagues
- Learn more about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Integrate global competence into the classroom, including use of activities and classroom applications of the Global Citizenry Education for Young People program
- Understand how to help advance their school’s global competence
- Deepen their understanding of globalization and persistent inequities
- Examine equity, diversity and inclusion through a global lens in each stage of Global Citizen, LLC’s Global Competence Framework
- Increase their self-awareness
- Identify remaining gaps and developed a personalized plan to further enhance their knowledge and skills
Saturday, May 12, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Research Triangle High School
3106 E. NC Hwy. 54, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Follow Up Webinar:
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Katherine L. Turner, MPH is Founder and President of Global Citizen, LLC, an international health, human rights, global competence and organizational and leadership development consulting firm, and Adjunct Faculty at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Register below by May 6 to save your seat at this valuable training worth 10 contact hours and 1 CEU!